Short Stay parking at Gatwick Airport
Our official Short Stay car parking is a great choice for those jetting off on a city break, short holiday or business trip. Some of the benefits include:
- 5-minute covered walk into the terminal
- Keep your car keys with you
- Extra-wide Blue Badge spaces available
Who should use Short Stay parking?
Gatwick Airport’s Short Stay car parks are located right next to the terminals, so it takes less than five minutes to reach the check-in desk.
A great choice for those prioritising convenience over cost, Short Stay is suitable for those with children or heavy luggage, or simply looking to be close to the airport.
How does it work?
When you arrive, pull up to the barrier and wait for your vehicle’s number plate to be scanned. Take your ticket and, when the barrier opens, drive through and park in a bay.
If you are parking in the North Terminal, head to Car Park 5. For the South Terminal, park in either Car Park 1, 2, or 3.
If a ticket isn’t printed, press the button at the gate. If your booking reference does not appear, this will need to be validated before you leave. To do so, drive to the exit barrier, press the intercom and quote the booking reference on your confirmation email.
Once you’ve parked your car, you’ll be able to walk through to the airport terminal and head off on your travels.
Blue Badge holders
There are 55 Blue Badge bays available in Short Stay South across various levels of our three car parks. Where possible, we advise parking on Level 2 of Car Park 3 for same-level access to the terminal.
In Short Stay North, there are 18 Blue Badge parking bays across Car Parks 5 and 6. For same-level access to the terminal, we recommend Level 3 of Car Park 5.
Safety & Security
Your car is in safe hands. Our Short Stay car parks are barrier controlled, regularly patrolled by security teams and boast ParkMark Safer Parking approval.
High Sided Vehicles
There are height restrictions in place in our Short Stay car parks. This is 2 metres in the South Terminal.
In the North Terminal, the restriction is 1.8m in Car Park 5 and 2.1m in Car Park 6.
Alternatively, our Long Stay car parks have no height restrictions.
Upgrade - Valet Parking
Valet Parking is an easier and more convenient option for those keen to be close to the airport. When picking your parking dates, look out for the Valet option, it might be more cost efficient than you think!
Note: Postcode accuracy on satellite navigation is variable. Please follow the relevant signage on arrival to the airport.
Postcode: RH6 0PJ
- Exit the M23 at junction 9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport. Go straight ahead at the first roundabout (J9a) following signs for the North Terminal.
- At the next roundabout take the first exit signposted North Terminal.
- Move to the left hand lane and approach the entrance barriers to the short stay car parks which are directly ahead.
Postcode: RH6 0LL
- From the direction of London or Brighton, exit the M23 at junction 9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport.
- Use the filter lane and turn left at the first roundabout (J9a) following signs to the South Terminal
- Follow signs to the short stay car park
- Move to the right hand lane and approach the entrance barriers to the short stay car parks which are directly ahead.
Travel relaxed with the Official Gatwick Airport App
The Official Gatwick Airport App makes travelling a breeze, getting you to your destination with a seamless Gatwick Airport experience.
- Exclusive retail and restaurant discounts
- Real-time queue times
- Map functionality to guide you through the airport
- Flight information