Short stay parking
Whether you’re taking a weekend break or just picking someone up, the Short Stay car park is an easy and convenient option.
Located right next to the terminal building, the Short Stay car park is around 2-5 minutes' walk from your terminal. It's available for both North and South Terminals.
- Short walk to the terminal so you can get to your check-in desk quickly
- Secure parking with CCTV monitoring, security patrols and ParkMark approval
- Self-parking facility so you can park quickly and keep your keys with you
- High sided vehicle parking for vehicles over 1.8m in both the North and South Short Stay car park in designated areas
- Ideal for meeting and picking up travellers as no waiting or picking up is allowed on the airport forecourts.
Prices for the Short Stay car park start at just £3 on the day but you can save when you book in advance.
Good value for short breaks
For short breaks away it may be the perfect solution with easy access to the airport and your car on your return. There's also a reduced rate from the second day onwards.
Safe and secure parking
As you would expect, our multi-storey covered car parks are regularly patrolled by security teams, CCTV monitored, barrier controlled and are ParkMark Safer Parking approved
Not what you're looking for?
If short stay parking is not the option that you're looking for, use our car park finder to help find the most suitable option for you.
Note: Postcode accuracy on satelite navigation is variable. Please follow the relevant signage on arrival to the airport.
Postcode: RH6 0PJ
- Exit the M23 at junction 9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport. Go straight ahead at the first roundabout (J9a) following signs for the North Terminal.
- At the next roundabout take the first exit signposted North Terminal.
- Move to the left hand lane and approach the entrance barriers to the short stay car parks which are directly ahead.
Postcode: RH6 0LL
- From the direction of London or Brighton, exit the M23 at junction 9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport.
- Exit M23 at Junction 9 following signs to Gatwick Airport. Use the filter lane and turn left at the first roundabout (J9a) following signs to the South Terminal
- Follow signs to the short stay car park
- Move to the right hand lane and approach the entrance barriers to the short stay car parks which are directly ahead.
Our short stay car parks do have height restrictions in place. If you're in a vehicle over 1.8m high, then you will need to park in our designated high sided vehicle parking areas, as you can’t park over height vehicles in the regular short stay car parks. Car park 6 in the North Terminal will, however, take vehicles up to 2.1m high.
For parking at the South Terminal, please use the special parking area located after the entrances to the short stay car parks on the left hand side.
The North Terminal high-sided vehicle park is now closed as part of the North Terminal redevelopment project. Alternative parking is available at the North Terminal long stay car park.