Rent & Earn benefits
Rent out your car whilst you’re away and return to a clean vehicle – and extra cash!
- Earn up to £160 a week
- Your car is fully insured and protected by RAC breakdown cover
- A telematics unit is fitted to monitor driving
- Just a short, covered walk to the terminal
What is Rent & Earn?
Rent & Earn, operated by Car & Away, is a new way to earn money whilst you’re away. By agreeing to rent out your vehicle after you’ve parked, you’ll earn 60% of the rental income.
There’s no need to worry about your car. It will only be hired out to carefully vetted renters, during which time your car will be fully insured by QBE and protected by RAC breakdown cover. Your own insurance won’t be affected.
A telematics unit will also be fitted to your car, to allow Car & Away to monitor how it is driven whilst rented.
How does it work?
After booking, you’ll need to provide a little more information about your car, plus a photo, and upload this to the Car & Away website. Details will be included on your confirmation email.
Car & Away will then set a rental price on your vehicle, based on the model and condition.
Your car will only be hired out to vetted renters who meet the following criteria:
- UK or Ireland resident
- Over 25 years old
- Have held their licence for at least two years
- Have no more than three points on their licence
Car & Away will do their utmost to rent your car out whilst you are away, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Arriving at the car park
When you arrive at Gatwick Airport’s South Terminal, head to the Valet Parking level of the Short Stay car park and park in a designated Rent & Earn bay. Here, you’ll be met by a member of the Car & Away team, who will record the condition of your car before you leave.
You’re then free to walk straight through to check-in, which is just a short, covered walk away.
Your car will even be cleaned before it is rented out, and again before it’s returned to you.
How to qualify
To qualify for Rent & Earn, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be the registered owner or keeper of the car
- Your car cannot be over eight years old
- It must have fewer than 100,000 miles on the clock
- The vehicle must have valid road tax, MOT, and fully comprehensive insurance
Note: Postcode accuracy on satellite navigation is variable. Please follow the relevant signage on arrival to the airport.
Postcode: RH6 0LL
- From the direction of London or Brighton, exit the M23 at junction 9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport
- Use the filter lane and turn left at the first roundabout (J9a), following signs for the South Terminal
- Continue straight towards the terminal and take the 3rd turning (filter lane) on the right, with the South Terminal Short Stay ticket barriers directly ahead
- On entering the short stay car parks drive to Car Park 2 (red), Level 2, park in a designated bay (209 or 210) and a team member will meet you